Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Module 8 blog

This is the link to my pinterest account. I am new to "pinning", but have used this site in the past to get ideas for lessons. https://pinterest.com/ahickma0/ I have added it to my website so that parents could easily follow any websites I like to support their child education. Having interactive elements in a website allows for involvement and feedback for the studens and the parents. A blog allows students to communicate and share ideas. Facebook allows for ease of sharing information. My school does not allow us to have class facebook accounts, and I think that is unfortunate. While I have seen the down side of it, if it is a "like" only that does not allow commments, but does allow messages to be sent to me, I think that would be a great tool for teachers, and parents (and students) are already on it. Blogs allow for comments to be made, altough that could lead to problems and would have to be monitored well. With parent conferences in my school this week, communication is one of the biggest obstacles. As a 4th grade teacher, we are trying to teach them responsibility, and that can lead to them learning how to manipulate information that goes to the parents. If there were easily accessible ways for parents and teachers to communicate, I think we could see an improvement in performance. A downside, I feel like that could lead to me being more "on call", needing to monitor blogs/facebook/etc. for questions, or assitance, and time is a hot commodity in education right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment